Schools and Professionals
Are you a teacher who is working with a young carer?
Identifying and supporting young carers is an effective way of improving the attainment and attendance of this pupil group.
Our Schools’ Link Worker, Kat Law, will be responsible for building effective partnerships with all schools in the borough, raising awareness of the issues young carers face and being the point of contact for schools within the organisation.
We can provide your school with the following support;
- Provide resources that will support you to work with young carers in your school. E.g. Distance Travelled tool, Manual for Measures of Caring Activities and Outcomes
- Help you set up a personalised support model for young carers at your school
- Provide a referral pathway to our young carers’ service
- Facilitate training for your governors and all staff
- Assemblies for your school
- PSHE sessions
- Link with the young carers’ lead in your school to support individual pupils
- Directly support any young carers referred to our service
- Support the young carers’ engagement with wider multi-agency services
The Young Carers’ Project also provides information, including; leaflets, posters, talks at assemblies and training sessions to help you further your understanding of young carers' needs and enhance your supportive environment.