Volunteer with us
Kingston Carers’ Network relies on a dedicated team of volunteers to help us carry out our work.
People volunteer with us for a number of reasons, but they all have one thing in common: by giving their time they are helping to improve the lives of carers in Kingston. A carer is someone who is providing support, unpaid, to a friend or relative who has a disability, long term illness, mental health problem or substance misuse issue.
How can I help?
We are currently recruiting volunteers for a variety of roles supporting both our young carers (aged 5 -18) and adult carers (18+). Click on the roles below for more details:
- Admin Support Volunteer (Young Carers' Team)
- Mail Out Volunteer - ad hoc support
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - school holidays
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - evening/after-school youth clubs (term time only)
- Wellbeing Support Volunteer (Adult Carers)
- Hairdresser/Beauty Therapist (Adult Carers)
- Counsellor (Adult Carers) - recruitment paused at present
- Mentor for Young Carers - recruitment paused at present
- Befriender for Adult Carers - recruitment paused at present
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact Lyndsey at firstname.lastname@example.org or 020 3375 8226.
Benefits of volunteering
Through volunteering with us, you can:
- Make a difference to the lives of people in your local community
- Develop new skills
- Meet new people
- Share your skills
- Enhance your CV
- Have fun!
What support will I receive?
We want to ensure that you have a rewarding experience. We offer:
- Support and supervision
- Relevant training
- Travel expenses reimbursed
We value the contribution that our volunteers make to our projects, and want them to enjoy being part of the Kingston Carers Network team. Read what our volunteers said about their volunteering experience.
Appreciating our volunteers
Every year we treat our volunteers to a meal out to thank them for their hard work and dedication. It is always an enjoyable evening and a great opportunity to get the volunteer team together.