Kingston Carers’ Network relies on a dedicated team of volunteers to help us carry out our work.
We currently have a team of over 80 volunteers supporting our work and last year volunteers gave over 2,500 hours of their time.
People volunteer with us for a number of reasons, but they all have one thing in common: by giving their time they are helping to improve the lives of carers in Kingston.
We value the contribution that our volunteers make to our projects, and want them to enjoy being part of the Kingston Carers Network team. Read what our volunteers said about their volunteering experience.
How can I help?
We are currently recruiting volunteers for a variety of roles supporting both our young carers (aged 5 -18) and adult carers (18+):
- Befriender for Adult Carers - female volunteers urgently needed
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - school holidays
- Young Carers' Activity Enabler - evening/after-school youth clubs (term time only)
- Mentor for Young Carers - recruitment paused at present
- Wellbeing Activities/Trips Assistant (Adult Carers)
- Counsellor (Adult Carers)
- Hairdresser/Beauty Therapist (Adult Carers)
If you are interested in volunteering with us, please contact Lyndsey at email@example.com or 020 3375 8226.
Benefits of volunteering
There are many reasons why people volunteer.
Here are just a few of the positive impacts volunteering can have:
- Making a difference to the lives of carers in your local community
- Developing new skills
- Meeting new people
- Sharing your skills and enthusiasm
- Enhancing your CV
- Having fun!
What support will I receive?
We want to ensure that you have a rewarding experience. We offer:
- Support and supervision
- Relevant training
- Travel expenses reimbursed
And you will be valued as a vital member of the Kingston Carers Network team.
Appreciating our volunteers
Every year we treat our volunteers to a meal out to thank them for their hard work and dedication. It is always an enjoyable evening and a great opportunity to get the volunteer team together.