KCN has developed a range of services to meet the holistic needs of our adult carers.
Our model of support aims to meet the five outcomes of the National Carers' Strategy
Carers will be…
- Not financially disadvantaged
- Mentally and physically well; treated with dignity
- Recognised and supported as an expert care partner
- Enjoying a life outside caring
- Children will be thriving, protected from inappropriate caring roles
Although we are in touch with around 4,000 adult carers in the Royal Borough of Kingston, we know that there are many carers who are not accessing any support.
We are raising awareness of ‘hidden’ carers by working in partnership with Kingston Hospital, GPs and social care services to ensure that those carers who need advice, advocacy and support know that we are here to provide help.