Kingston Carers’ Network (KCN) is a local registered charity, providing independent information, advice, advocacy and support to people who care for someone living in the Royal Borough of Kingston upon Thames.
We support carers of all ages, including young carers aged 5 to 18.
We are also committed to ensuring that carers have a stronger voice, and so we offer a range of opportunities for carers to have a say in the way health, social care and carers’ services are run in the borough.
We represent our carers’ views across the borough to ensure that local decision-makers fully consider the needs of carers.
Our funders include:
- Royal Borough of Kingston
- Kingston Clinical Commissioning Group
- Trust for London
- City Bridge
- Community Fund
- Children in Need
- Garfield Weston
- other charitable trusts and donors
How we help carers?
KCN aims to ensure that carers:
- Enjoy good physical and emotional health and wellbeing
- Are recognised and respected as expert care partners
- Are given information about services and support available to carers
- Are listened to and supported by providing a ‘listening ear’
- Have a life outside of caring through engaging in activities, outings and social events
- Are well-informed and know about their rights, benefits and allowances
- Have support to access benefits and allowances
- Can access training and information to meet their caring needs
- Receive regular support through groups and drop-ins
- Get equal access to services
- Are encouraged to recognise their own needs and to get their status acknowledged
- Are kept informed of national and local policies that affect carers
- Are consulted and have input to service planning and delivery